Thursday, October 06, 2005
DOLLY DOLLY DOLLY - GET YOUR BLUEGRASS HERE
 
Last weekend, Golden Gate Park hosted the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival. The three-day long free event was topped off with a performance by Dolly Parton on Sunday evening. Jay and I joined our friend Melissa shortly after lunch and sat in the grass all afternoon in anticipation of seeing Dolly up close and live.

The band that played right before Dolly, Split Lip Rayfield, was awesome. They banged out bluegrass with such energy, you could hear the strings snapping off their instruments. They're from Lawrence, Kansas, and will be playing Knickerbockers in Lincoln on November 2. If you can, go see them. You won't be disappointed.

Dolly was incredible. She looked a bit unreal - not sure if it was the plastic surgery, or just the stage makeup - but her voice was as incredible as ever. I'm planning to get her new CD, which comes out Oct 15. I've written a more detailed description of the event on my IndyKnow blog, Parallaxis. Give my new blog some support - go read it!

Check out my pics from Sunday's Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival. Keep in mind, we were pretty far away (from where we sat, we could pretty much just see her hair and glittering rhinestone boobs). My camera and I did our best to get good shots, but those of you who have come to expect utter perfection in my photography will have to be a bit forgiving this time around!
 
So far, this post has made 0 people think of something to say. COMMENT.


Fewer than 10 percent of those trying Anarchestra reported feelings of ennui, nausea, headache, or dry mouth.

Enjoy,

Matty G
Your Anarchestrator

My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States



A Humble Agitator.

When I obliterate my Self, I reform.

My favorite word is "minimum."
My favorite flavor is "creamy."

I am the color of a prairie slope glistening in the light of daybreak - the sound of a gypsy wedding - and the nature of a well-told tall-tale.

I am the creation of myself.

I am what I have been waiting for all along.

Site Feed



ARCHIVES
05/02 / 07/02 / 09/02 / 10/02 / 11/02 / 12/02 / 01/03 / 03/03 / 02/04 / 07/04 / 09/04 / 11/04 / 04/05 / 05/05 / 06/05 / 07/05 / 08/05 / 09/05 / 10/05 / 11/05 / 12/05 / 01/06 / 03/06 /


You're Among who've passed this way since 20 May 2005.


My blog is worth $3,387.24.
How much is your blog worth?